Current:Home > MarketsOliver James Montgomery-Police have unserved warrant for Miles Bridges for violation of domestic violence protective order -Capitatum
Oliver James Montgomery-Police have unserved warrant for Miles Bridges for violation of domestic violence protective order
TradeEdge View
Date:2025-04-06 08:29:06
CHARLOTTE,Oliver James Montgomery N.C. (AP) — The Charlotte Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office says it has an unserved warrant for Hornets forward Miles Bridges for a violation of a domestic violence protective order, along with an unserved criminal summons for a domestic protective order violation, misdemeanor child abuse and injury to personal property.
The sheriff’s office told The Associated Press the warrant was issued in January, but has not yet been served. The criminal summons was issued on Wednesday.
According to WSOC-TV in Charlotte, the corresponding police report indicated the mother of Bridges’ two children had her windshield smashed in at her residence and that her protective order was violated by his appearance. The alleged incident happened at her residence, the station reported.
The AP was unable to obtain a copy of the police report Wednesday night.
The Hornets said in a statement Wednesday night they are aware of the reports and are in the process of gathering more information.
Messages left for Bridges’ attorney were not immediately returned.
The 25-year-old Bridges is serving three years of probation after pleading no contest last November to one felony count of injuring a child’s parent, agreeing to do so in exchange for no jail time.
Bridges had been facing three felony charges — the one that he pleaded no contest to, and two others of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death. The charges stemmed from accusations that he assaulted his former girlfriend in front of their two children in June 2022, the Los Angeles County district attorney said.
Bridges, who was a restricted free agent at the time of the incident and likely to receive a contract in excess of $100 million, sat out the entire 2022-23 NBA season.
The NBA suspended Bridges for 30 games this season, but determined that 20 games would be dropped due to time already missed because he missed 82 games last year. Bridges will miss the first 10 games of the regular season.
He is not allowed to participate in preseason games.
In July, Bridges apologized for the “pain and embarrassment” caused by the domestic violence investigation. Bridges agreed to a one-year, $7.9 million contract with the Hornets to return this season and vowed to rebuild relationships with teammates and become more active in the Charlotte community.
___
AP NBA: https://apnews.com/hub/nba
veryGood! (2)
Related
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- Winners and losers of 'Thursday Night Football': Lions make statement with win at Packers
- Back for more? Taylor Swift expected to watch Travis Kelce, Chiefs play Jets, per report
- Kosovo accuses Serbia of direct involvement in deadly clashes and investigates possible Russian role
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- From prison to the finish line: Documentary chronicles marathon runner's journey
- Controversial singer Matty Healy of The 1975 tells fans band will go on 'indefinite hiatus'
- Mississippi court reverses prior ruling that granted people convicted of felonies the right to vote
- Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
- Former lawmaker who led Michigan marijuana board is sent to prison for bribery
Ranking
- Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
- New Greek opposition leader says he will take a break from politics to do his military service
- Analysis: It looks like it’ll take all 162 games to decide MLB’s postseason races
- A new Spanish law strengthens animal rights but exempts bullfights and hunting with dogs
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- Navy issues written reprimands for fuel spill that sickened 6,000 people at Pearl Harbor base
- Did this couple predict Kelce-Swift romance? Halloween costume from 2020 goes viral
- Former lawmaker who led Michigan marijuana board is sent to prison for bribery
Recommendation
South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
The Best Beauty Advent Calendars of 2023: Lookfantastic, Charlotte Tilbury, Revolve & More
Bermuda probes major cyberattack as officials slowly bring operations back online
Wynonna Judd's Cheeky Comment About Tim McGraw Proves She's a True Champion
Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
Millions take to China’s railways, roads, air in 1st big autumn holiday since end of zero-COVID
Norway joins EU nations in banning Russian-registered cars from entering its territory
'Kill Black people': Elon Musk's Tesla sued for racial abuse at electric vehicle plant